30 March 2010

Q6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I didn’t like the idea of using firmware and keep uploading the clips to the Macs so I decided to film my movie by using my digital camera. It uses a SD memory stick and it is very easy to transform data between the camera and the computers. It helped me film faster and I could carry it around everywhere due to the small size of it.

I used after effects for all the CGI’s but I used apple Mac for audio because it was so much easier and faster. Although iMovie crashed a few times but at the end it didn’t take long to put the sounds on the clips. I used mac to burn the DVD too.

I used Cinema 4D to do the 3d animations for my film (mainly the car) and making the car was hard but animating it was even harder because I couldn’t animate it in a way so it’d blend in with the original shots and it’d always spin faster or slower than the real life’s frame on original video. But after trying a few times I finally got the right angle for the fake camera in cinema 4d so when the car got rendered out, it was roughly on the surface of the street.

I did all the special effects on after effects such as fake camera shakes and smokes when the car is drifting. I changed the colour of the gun, added blood and titles using after effects. Explosion was done by this software too. But it was hard to get the results at the end! For example that explosion in the film is made of fire, smokes, dark smoke, glasses thronging everywhere, fire marks on the street, blur effect, dust flying at the camera and a lot of colour correction and rendering.

I used Photoshop for typing the Titles in the beginning, my shoes were in the shot when I was filming the street and walking. I used Photoshop to delete the shoes from the shot.

I had to use an Xbox 360 to get some of the sound effects from the Forza game and the game was exclusive to Xbox so I had to travel all the way over to mate’s house to record the sounds from his xbox.

I used my ps3 to play call of duty and get the gun shot sound for the film. And for recording the sound I used my mobile phone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment