7 February 2010

Ideas for the 2 minutes film

I’ve been thinking a lot about my coursework idea and it’s completely changed from fighting to a car racing scene with loads of action and drifting! So far this is my latest idea and since I’m getting closer to start filming, this thought most likely stays as my final idea.

I’m planning to take some shots of my friends driving a normal car around so that I can sort of understand the way cars turn in the corners, speed up, drift and basically I think I’m going through what game makers do before start making a racing game. Experimenting with real cars can make the 3D model animation look so much more realistic.

Also, speed limit here is usually 30mph and to create a car racing film with all the cars going less than 30mph sounds awful! But if I only take the car-less shots of streets and then add fast animated cars it would look much better. Well this is the plan and I think it’d be tough to mix animation with real life shots and blend them together in a way that they’d look real.

I’d try to create super cars with 3D animation software and replacing them with my friend’s car in the shots and speed them up.

Once again, this is not the final plan yet. I’m considering it but the only problem is... time! I’m still not sure if I’d have enough time to finish it by deadline but I really like the idea, I guess I’ll give it more thoughts and I’ll let you guys know if its confirmed next time I update the blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment